Load cell precautions in the application
The load cell is actually a device that converts the quality signal into a measurable electrical signal output, and is widely used in the instrument to ensure the normal operation of the instrument, which is related to the accuracy, safety and reliability of the instrument. What issues should we pay attention to when applying load cells?
1. Pay attention to the use of the environment. High temperature, dust, humidity, and corrosive environments, electromagnetic field environments, etc. will cause serious damage to the sensor. Therefore, pay attention to the environment in which the load cell is used, or select the corresponding load cell in a given environment.
2. To prevent debris from contaminating the sensor, so as not to affect the movement and accuracy of the movable part. Some "baffles" can be placed around the load cell or the sensor can be covered with a thin metal plate.
3. Circuit connection. Shielded cables should be used for the wires leading to or from the display circuit. The sensor output signal readout circuit cannot be placed together with some devices that can generate interference and high heat.
4. In order to avoid damage caused by welding current or lightning strike, the sensor should use a hinged copper wire (a cross-sectional area of about 50mm2) to form an electrical bypass, while avoiding strong heat radiation.
5. Electrical connection. The sensor's signal cable cannot be placed in parallel with a strong power line or control line.
6. Prevent certain lateral forces from acting on the sensor. Spherical bearings, joint bearings, positioning fasteners, etc. can be used for automatic positioning or resetting.
7. The load cell should be protected from any impact, drop, etc. At the same time, the base of the sensor should be flat and clean, with sufficient strength and rigidity, without any oil film or film.
8. To avoid overload damage to the load cell, even if the load cell has a certain overload capacity.
9. The power cable and control cable should be twisted together to a degree of 50 rpm. If the sensor signal cable needs to be extended, a special sealed cable junction box should be used. If the signal cable is very long, consider using a cable compensation circuit with a repeater amplifier.
10. In order to ensure the accuracy of the weighing, the installation level of the single sensor mounting base should be adjusted with a level. In order to make the load on each sensor basically the same, the mounting surface of the mounting base of multiple sensors should be adjusted to a horizontal surface as much as possible.